Boulder Lake Photo Hike with Pro Photo Supply & Oregon Wild
Join Pro Photo Supply, Oregon Wild, and SIGMA for a photography outing to Boulder Lake, on the southeast flank of Mount Hood in the Mount Hood National Forest. This well-maintained half-mile trail through an old-growth forest takes you to the edge of a cliff-lined alpine lake. We’ll explore the forest and lake’s shore for those picture-perfect vantage points of the trees, forest, and landscape. Some members of our group may also enjoy the possibility of an additional short hike to Little Boulder Lake.
Chandra LeGue, Senior Conservation Advocate for Oregon Wild and author of “Oregon’s Ancient Forests: A hiking guide” will join us for the hike as will local SIGMA rep and nature photography enthusiast Aaron Norberg.
Prior to our Photo Hike, join Pro Photo Supply, Oregon Wild & SIGMA for a free webinar on Wednesday, August 10th, 2022 about nature photography and good stewardship of our forests, lakes, and environments!
Recommended Gear to Bring:
- Charged battery (and possibly spares)
- An empty memory card
- Small reflectors/diffusers
- Macro sliders
- Speedlight Flashes (optional)
- Portable seating (if needed)
Some Things You Should Know:
- Experience level: Beginner & Up
- Requirements: BYOC! Each participant must supply their own camera for this walk.
- Meeting Location: We will meet at the Boulder Lake trailhead at 1 pm, and aim to be done around 4:30.
- The closest bathrooms are located at the White River West Snopark (on the left before crossing the bridge).
- No Forest Pass is needed for parking at Boulder Lake.
- Duration of event: approx. 3 1/2 hours
Suggest Items to Bring:
- comfortable walking shoes appropriate for trail walking
- layered clothing, weather-appropriate attire, and additional items needed for protection from the elements
- any medications you may need.
Drugs, alcohol, weapons, and pets are not allowed.
We will be implicating the following safety guidelines:
If you are sick, experiencing symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to the Covid-19 virus within 10 days of this event, please stay home.
We encourage all participants to take whatever precautions they need to feel safe while in a group outside.
Check out our blog for more SIGMA events and deals in your area.
About Aaron Norberg
Aaron Norberg is a landscape photographer based in Portland, Oregon. With an emphasis on exploring and documenting the urban and natural landscapes he has worked with the full breadth of imaging technologies. From pinhole to large format cameras in both analog and digital formats. Aaron received his B.F.A in Photography with a minor in Historic Preservation from the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia.