Nashville Astrophotography Workshop
Discover the captivating world of astro photography through a deep dive with SIGMA Ambassador, Jack Fusco. Embark on an epic learning-based astrophotography adventure that takes you from start to end. Get ready to capture the wonders of the night sky with one of the best in the business!
PART 1: Online Classroom Session on Astro Photography via Zoom
Tuesday, September 5 – 7:00-8:30PM CT
Prior to heading into the field, we will go over all the skills and required knowledge we will be applying in the field. The goal of this lecture is for you to leave with the knowledge and ability to shoot the stars on your own. Jack will be guiding you through the basics of astrophotography all the way up to some advanced techniques. Jack will also review some basic astronomy information that will help you plan and capture images of the stars.
- Gear – Everything you need before heading into the field Planning & Scouting – Before we take a great image, we need to know when and where to take it.
- Camera Settings & Techniques – Learn how to best take advantage of your equipment and dial in your approach.
- Composition Tips – What makes a great astrophoto?
- Shooting Styles – There are various approaches when heading out under the stars, from single exposures to image stacking. We will cover some of the most effective methods for capturing a great photo.
- Open Q & A + Discussion
PART 2: Field Session
Friday, September 8 at 5:30PM CT
Take the classroom techniques on the road! Jack will lead a small group of photographers to fantastic views of the night sky. While on location Jack will review techniques discussed during the lecture, by putting them into practice. We highly encourage you to attend the lecture, to help you be more prepared for the location experience. Purchasing a ticket for a Field Session includes the Part 1 Online Classroom Session.
What to Expect
- Taking all the knowledge learned in the classroom session and applying it in the field.
- Meeting on location with time to scout and plan compositions.
- Learning Jack’s personal approach to how he would plan an entire night to maximize his time shooting and ensure that he leaves with images he is excited about.
- Chasing as many Milky Way compositions and shooting techniques as possible and end with time to shoot star trails.
About Jack Fusco
Jack Fusco is a professional landscape astrophotographer / timelapser. What began as a way purely to document his travels as a touring musician, photography has become his main form of creative expression.
Whether chasing the Milky Way along coast lines or capturing the Northern lights in unforgiving remote locations you’re sure to find him coffee in hand, smiling up at the stars.
Many of Jack’s images are often planned days, weeks, or even months in advance while waiting for weather and celestial objects to align. The resulting work shows a true and complete dedication to his craft.
His work has been featured by National Geographic, TEDx, LA Times, NASA APOD, BBC, Forbes and many more.