Astrophotography Workshop with Jack Fusco
Join professional photographer and SIGMA Ambassador Jack Fusco along with Hunt’s Photo Educator Emily Hojnowski for a special astrophotography workshop at Chocorua Lake in Central New Hampshire!
This workshop will consist of three parts: An introductory presentation online, the workshop in the field at Chocorua Lake, and an online image review after the workshop.
The workshop will begin with the online class An Introduction to Astrophotography on Wednesday April 19th. This online class can be attended by anyone, but is included in the cost of the workshop. The goal of this class is for you to leave with the knowledge and ability to shoot the stars on your own. In this session, Jack will be guiding you through the basics of astrophotography all the way up to some advanced techniques. Jack will also review some basic astronomy information that will help you plan and capture images of the stars. (This session will be recorded, in case you cannot attend.) You can find more information on what will be covered in our online class here.
During the In-the-Field sessions, Jack will lead a small group of photographers to a fantastic view of the night sky in Chocorua, New Hampshire. While on location Jack will review techniques discussed during the lecture, by putting them into practice.
What You Will Learn
- We will meet on-location with time to scout and plan compositions.
- Jack will share his personal approach to how he would plan an entire night to maximize his time shooting and ensure that he leaves with images he is excited about.
- The night will begin chasing as many Milky Way compositions and shooting techniques as possible and end with time to shoot star trails.
What You Should Bring
- A DSLR or Mirrorless Camera with manual settings
- A fast aperture lens (See below note about fabulous SIGMA glass)
- Extra batteries (2 or more) and memory cards (64gb+)
- A sturdy tripod
- Shutter Release / Intervalometer
- Red light equipped headlamp, the red light will be less harsh on our eyes and help keep night vision intact!
- Warm clothing – Dress in layers to help stay warm
- Wear decent hiking shoes/boots to manage the terrain
To sign up for the Friday session, click here.
To sign up for the Saturday session, click here.
SIGMA LOANER GEAR!
We will also have a selection of SIGMA lenses for attendees to use during the location outings each night. These lenses are EXTREMELY useful, as you will be able to utilize some of the best glass in ideal situations! Please note: If you are using Canon R or Nikon Z mounts, make sure to bring an adapter.
After the workshop, we will regroup for an online critique session on Tuesday April 25th.